CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 12, 2007

Thanks for Thanksgiving


If you haven't heard, I LOVE FALL!!!!!! and along with Fall I love Thanksgiving and all the details--Pilgrims, Indians, feasts, turkey and all (I mean ALL) the trimmings, pumpkin & pecan pies, traditions, etc, etc. . . The other day we found a great book at the library: Thanks for Thanksgiving by Julie Markes and illustrated by Doris Barrette. This book is about Fall, thankfulness, and family and is perfect for little ones because the pictures are sharp and vibrant with not too many words on a page. Even older kids will enjoy it because the pictures are so FUN with lots of detail and crazy action happening. My favorite part of the book is the very last page which is "a place to write our thankful thoughts year after year. . ." I can't wait to add this book to our personal library and include it as part of our Thanksgiving traditions!

No comments: